Carefree style for easy-breezy living
Ready to take a trip to the islands? Bahama shutters can bring the look and feel of sun-soaked islands straight to your home. You'll enjoy the ability to allow in relaxing breezes while still being shaded from the sunlight. With multiple positions achieved through the use of a top hinge and intuitive support arm system; your home will enjoy the joyous new look.
For over 60 years at LAS Shutters + Windows, we've been designing and installing beautiful Bahama shutters for the Gulf South community.
We know shutters are one of the most cost-effective ways to revitalize your home, but if you aren't quite sure how they work, review our Shutters 101 guide. You'll learn some of the key terms and information. Additionally, feel free to reach out to the LAS team with any questions you have. We're always happy to help!
Decorative And Operable
Like an instant smile for your home, Bahama shutters provide a distinctive look that was originally created for island living. These types of shutters aren't only beautiful—they're also incredibly useful.
Our LAS Bahama shutters:
- Are opened through an easy-to-use top-hinge mounting system
- Can instantly improve your home's curb appeal
- Are available in multiple shutter colors to match your home
- Allow cool breezes in during warmer times of the year
- Provide shading and protection from the elements
Our Bahama Shutters Process
At LAS, we know that your shutters need to look and work great. In the Gulf South, with its hot and humid summers, traditional materials like wood simply won't work. That's why our shutters are constructed from extruded aluminum and powder-coated according to your specifications.
Our high-quality Bahama shutters:
- Never rot, warp, or crack over time
- Provide improved insulation from heat and cold
- Come in decorative, operable, or storm-rated options
- Are resistant to moisture and ultraviolet light
Further, we're local every step of the way. At LAS, our team handles every aspect of your Bahama shutters project, including:
Want to learn more about how the LAS team creates shutters that are custom-fit to your home? Watch the following video to learn more.
Hurricane Protection For Your Home
Bahama shutters were designed for island living and island storms. At LAS, we carry on this tradition with storm-rated shutters that protect your home from strong winds as well as flying debris.
With over 60 years of experience in the Gulf South, we know how to protect your home during hurricane season. LAS shutters comply with (or exceed) standards set forth by the:
Depending on where you live in the Gulf South, wind speeds can reach over 140 mph during the most violent storms. Hurricanes brush the area frequently. New Orleans, for example, will experience a hurricane every 2.3 years on average. You can learn more about your area's risk and wind speeds here.
- Available in Decorative, Operable or Storm Rated classifications
- Guaranteed to never rot or warp.
- Improved insulation from heat and cold when closed
- Great alternative to Vinyl Shutters that crack and warp over time
- Easy operation
- Powder coating finish with color options available
Shutters add a beautiful finishing touch to any exterior remodel or elevate a new construction. Find out how Bahama shutters can add carefree style and function to your home by browsing our gallery now.